September 11, 2010

Nothing Ever Happens...

from a children's book entitled "Hill of Fire." But then something did happen, a little more than most people would ask for. I mean, a volcano in your back yard? No thanks.

So I won't complain. There's no more Ulpan to go to. Not much to do but keep trudging ahead with my notes and Al's discarded workbooks and my dictionary. And break that up with taking a few photos from around the neighborhood. I get lots of good pictures of small things, but I can hardly ever get a good landscape-type picture. It isn't very green or very neat or very relaxing. No lake, not even a little pond of any kind anywhere. I'd almost like to get one of those little waterfalls that pump the water around over and over again, just to listen to the sound of water. A trickling brook... a clear, cool creek... a frog plopping into the water... far away in my memory I know there are such wonders, but not here.

So I'll put up a few more pictures, as soon as I charge the batteries. Last time I put all the batteries in the charger backwards, so needless to say, they didn't work very long.

But wait, here's a couple pictures I took just yesterday.

Looking down into a bit of land that must belong to the gas company...someone has planted a bougainvillea. They're usually red or magenta, but here's an unusual pinky-yellowy one. Several other plants died (you can see how cracked the soil is), but bougainvillea is hard to kill.




















Morning glories.

No comments:

Post a Comment