October 12, 2010

October 12, 1979

One of the happiest days of my life -- Sharon was born.

Isaiah 35:1-2
"The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.
"It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD and the excellency of our God."

I got her name from this verse, with the hope that there would be created in her that excellent work of the Holy Spirit, without which we are all ruined sinners.

יומ הולדת שמח שָרוֹנ





An evening primrose. Different varieties of these grow anywhere from a few inches to six feet tall. Some are pink. And some of them bloom all day.

Many evening primrose, like this one, have reflexed sepals and an X-shaped stigma.

An unidentified flower. I believe I also saw these in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment