There is really only one Sabbath Day per week, but in a world where hardly anyone anywhere keeps any kind of Sabbath, you appreciate it when Christians keep any Sabbath, including Saturday, as is done in Israel. But there is one fold, one Shepherd, and no middle wall of partition between Jews and Gentiles. So how can there be two Sabbath days?
But I am not actually interested in debate over which is the correct day. I would just like to find any kind of information on why and how to keep the Sabbath day. I have rarely ever read any good articles on the Sabbath. There is one book, Market Day of the Soul, Dennison.
"Keeping" the Sabbath is immediately labeled as legalism by some. In fact, there are those who say you are a legalist every time you use the word "should." You "should" get some rest for your body every night, but that doesn't make you a legalist if you do. I would say I "should not" stay up past midnight if I want to be healthy, and I "should not" tell lies, and I "should" get my Bible out and read it, and often when I don't really feel like doing it, but I am not a legalist. I might even make a few rules for myself, or have certain methods, for the sake of order and productivity, but that doesn't make me a legalist or a methodist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment